Posted on 2020-04-29, by books_lover.
Coinage and currency―abstract and socially created units of value and power―were basic to early modern society. By controlling money, the people sought to understand and control their complex, expanding, and interdependent world. In Making Money in Sixteenth-Century France, Jotham Parsons investigates the creation and circulation of currency in France. The royal Cour des Monnaies centralized monetary administration, expanding its role in the emerging modern state during the sixteenth century and assuming new powers as an often controversial repository of theoretical and administrative expertise. The Cour des Monnaies, Parsons shows, played an important role in developing the contemporary understanding of money, as a source of both danger and opportunity at the center of economic and political life. More practically, the Monnaies led generally successful responses to the endemic inflation of the era and the monetary chaos of a period of civil war. Its work investigating and prosecuting
- Ebooks list page : 43435
- 2013-07-12Popular Culture and the State in East and Southeast Asia - Removed
- 2011-08-15Social Movements: Identity, Culture, and the State
- 2010-04-04Monstrous Births and Visual Culture in Sixteenth-Century Germany (Religious Cultures in the Early Modern World)
- 2020-05-18Printing Arab Modernity: Book Culture and the American Press in Nineteenth-Century Beirut (Arts and Archaeology of the Islamic World)
- 2020-03-25Celebrity Culture and the Myth of Oceania in Britain (Studies in the Eighteenth Century)
- 2020-02-28The Foundations of Political Economy and Social Reform: Economy and Society in Eighteenth Century France (Routledge Studies in the History of Economics)
- 2019-11-21Latino and Muslim in America: Race, Religion, and the Making of a New Minority (AAR Religion, Culture, and History)
- 2019-01-24Persistent Creativity Making the Case for Art, Culture and the Creative Industries
- 2019-01-11Persistent Creativity Making the Case for Art, Culture and the Creative Industries
- 2018-12-30I Just Like to Make Things Learn the Secrets to Making Money while Staying Passionate about your Art and Craft
- 2018-12-28I Just Like to Make Things Learn the Secrets to Making Money while Staying Passionate about your Art and Craft
- 2018-12-21Persistent Creativity Making the Case for Art, Culture and the Creative Industries
- 2018-12-05The Renaissance Vihuela & Guitar in Sixteenth-Century Spain Music Transcribed and Adapted for Modern...
- 2018-11-09Infrahumanisms Science, Culture, and the Making of Modern Nonpersonhood
- 2018-10-29Making Care Count A Century of Gender, Race, and Paid Care Work
- 2018-08-16Printing Arab Modernity Book Culture and the American Press in Nineteenth-Century Beirut
- 2018-06-24They Will Have Their Game Sporting Culture and the Making of the Early American Republic
- 2018-01-16[PDF] The Origins of Mexican Catholicism: Nahua Rituals and Christian Sacraments in Sixteenth-Century Mexico (History, Languages, and Cultures of the Spanish and Portuguese Worlds) [Spanish]
- 2017-12-29[PDF] Food Culture in France (Food Culture around the World)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.